For Such A Time As This!
You Can Be Healed, Made Whole, Redeemed and Set Free!
To be emotionally depleted, exhausted and spent, can be caused from having given so much of yourself that you now need to refuel. Have you experienced multiple stressful events that have depleted your energy on every level? You need comfort and time devoted to yourself, away from the cares of this world.
While the syndicated news, online articles and social media, routinely attempts to destroy our faith in the Lord, crush our spirit, eliminate our hopes and dreams and rob us of our peace, serenity and joy by instilling fear, terror, panic and worry in our hearts; completely overwhelming us with a barrage of reports ranging from incoming natural disasters, catastrophic events, heinous atrocities, gruesome crime stories, various reports of horrific injustice and Mankind’s overall inhumanity towards one another, we can find ourselves rendered completely empty, numb, hollow, bitter, angry, exhausted, beat down, depressed and riddled with fear.
Is it wise to continue the pace you are going if you are drained, empty and depleted? No, it is not. It is time to pull back from what is draining you. If you are surrounded by recurring stressors in your life; you still need to find some time to get alone with yourself and God.
If you are empty inside you cannot truly help others, and you could possible hurt yourself or the one you are trying to help. Sometimes, we have to let God pour into our “empty cups,” again.
It’s crucial in every aspect of your life that you are sound, sane, grounded, stable and healthy, both emotionally and spiritually.
We all need a proper balance. If you are pouring out to others all the time, and never take time to recharge and refuel; all of your energy will be consumed. If you are not hearing from the Lord, you could possibly be operating in your flesh and not the Spirit of God.
What are some signs of being emotionally drained?
1. Exhaustion, tired more than you feel rested.
2. Irritable, easily frustrated or provoked.
3. Easily offended.
4. Discouraged and possibly depressed.
5. Anxious and worried.
7. Feel physically worn-down, and weakened immune system.
8. Cannot settle down, mind is racing constantly.
9. Difficulty sleeping at night or wanting to sleep more.
10. Lack of peace and joy.
11. Not interested in activities with others. May even isolate.
What can you do if you are emotionally drained?
1. Rest when needed.
2. Refresh with time alone with God.
3. Read from the book of Psalms in the Bible when you need to recharge.
4. Refocus on the things of God, not the circumstances.
5. Reexamine the things in your life that are causing constant stress.
6. Reach out to someone you can trust and allow them to pray for you.
7. Reconsider cutting down or back the things that are unhealthy in your life.
8. Renew your mind. Take every thought captive. Don’t allow your mind to be used as a garbage dump by the enemy during stressful times.
9. Rejuvenate by taking warm baths to relax tired muscles.
10. Relax and do something just for you; have fun.
11. Recharge your body by eating healthy when you can, avoiding foods that will deplete your energy. Try drinking green tea (high in antioxidants), walking, and taking a multi-vitamin.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30